Just playing Devil's Advocate for a moment... please feel free
to play along if you like.

   ****

Your Repeater Site AC Mains Power fails for what turns out to be a
very extended amount of time. A large (but modest) capacity battery
bank/system with no LVD (low voltage disconnect) powers the equipment
until they run (down) flat and the system stops working (dies).
[Of course it's a Friday before a 3 day weekend.]

The AC mains power returns at some later time and the "standard"
Astron 50 Amp Supply (or similar) tries to deal with charging the
depleted/flat parallel battery bank.

The battery bank will take all the restored Astron tries (and maybe
does try) to deliver for quite some time before what might - can -
may - does and/or could happen?

s.