>From: "Laryn Lohman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Antennas that work both in commercial and
>amateur
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:33:49 -0000
>
>--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Barry C'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > I presume its some sort of stacked arrangment , in chich case it
>will make
> > that gain at resonance ,
> >

>Yes, the ASPB602 is four stacked dipoles, just like the DB224.  My
>point again is that resonance is NOT a requirement for an effective
>and efficient antenna.  The wider frequency coverage for this antenna
>is likely because the dipoles are fabricated from 3/4 in. OD tubing
>instead of 3/8 in. tubing.

or as in many cases of commercial sticks its almost a dummy load in
reactance ( think about it)
I must admit brandishing model number does no good as I am not familiar ,
its been a long time since I was at broadcast school so I am unlikly to
change methodology now :)

For example, most AM broadcast antennas
>(towers) are not resonant at their operating frequency.  In fact, more
>and more AM broadcasters are diplexing, and even occasionally
>triplexing.  So stations on 820 kc. and 1290 kc. might use the same
>antenna.  Is the antenna resonant?  No.

it's also not a "stacked" so bear little relevence to the matter

There is little or no
>automatic penalty for using a non-resonant antenna.

just some efficiency

>Ask anyone on this list how well the DB420 works down into the 70cm
>ham gand.
>
> > claims  are like water (sic)
>
>Very true.  The <claims> I make here (6dbd gain and 144-162 mc. at
>less than 1.5:1 VSWR) are quoted from reputable commercial two-way
>antenna manufacturer's data sheets and catalogs, not some ham-grade
>antenna gain claim.

interesting comparison and I doubt you meant to insult hams as a group

>Laryn K8TVZ

Advertisement: 50% off on Xbox 360, PS and Nintendo Wii titles!
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4lab-71-bn-49-en-84-k-40-extended.html