Nate,

For these caps to be shorted, someone at one time probably attempted
to tune the diplexer with RF power applied, a BIG NO - NO.

The actual value of the cap is not real critical since it is variable
anyway.  What is important is that it be of pretty much the same
physical type.

I replaced mine with Johanson 5401 piston capacitors, the value of
these is 1-14pf with a "Q" of about 3000 at 200 mhz.

I got ten of them on EBAY for for about $15 plus shipping from
Norway, about another $5 bucks.

Go to EBAY and do a general search for Piston Trimmers or Capacitors
and you will probably find what you need, They even give you a photo
so you know what you are looking for....

Good luck!
Gary - W5GNB

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Duehr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 3/25/07, kb5vjy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> >     I have a set of DB-4075's that I am having a problem tuning.
One