Scott Zimmerman wrote:
>     1.Use 16 possible degrees for a readback value: 0=N, 1=NNE,2=NE,3=ENE,
> 4=E, 5=ESE, .... Etc. so a degree of     1 would equal NNE and a degree
> reading of 4 would be E, with decimal values being somewhere in between
> them.     I.E. 1.5 being half way between NNE and NE.

This one would actually work well for our application and is kinda along
the same lines I was thinking. I could just not get my brain in gear
enough to figure this one out.

> Ken may have some input on this as well, but I think the above would work
> very well as an indicator. As always, YMMV

Yea, maybe ken will chime in here and offer some thought to this topic
as well.

Thanks to all for the info presented. This will definitely give me
something more to work with and see what happens.

Steaven, W4YI