EDACS guy here.  I have 13 that I take care of.  Of those 13, 10 have been
online for the last 5 years with no real problems.  I had one PA to burn up
but that was because I forgot to reconnect the coax.  The EDACS control
channel transmits 24/7 and has been on Channel one 95% of the time for the
last 5 years, so continuous duty is no problem.  If you do have a problem,
M/A-Com has TAC which is free tech support M-F 8-5 Eastern.  I think they
even have a flat rate module swap as well.  Don't hold me to this but I
think the Lynchburg, Va ARC is using MIII repeaters.  As far as where to get
one, check www.fmr-inc.com. There are a few stations on there now.  Just be
prepared to lay out some big $$$$.

Jamey Wright
Systems Analyst/EDACS Administrator