> So my take is that there are critical cable lengths involved
> for adding a pure pass cavity to a BP BR duplexer, but I
> would be interested to hear from anyone aboard who has the
> necessary hardware kicking around to repeat that experiment
> and either replicate or refute the results I got.

As Bob and others have said, the cable length is not critical from a
Z-matching standpoint if both cavities are tuned for 50 ohms at the pass
frequency, but the cable length will affect the reject response.

> As I said,
> my sole cavity experience has been with Wacoms, but I find it
> difficult to believe that this parameter is OEM specific.

I'm doing some R&D work today and have the VNA (Agilent E5070B) lit up, so
I'll do some real-world tests and post the results.  Taking a quick look
around here, I see some Wacom 900 MHz pass/reject and pass-only cavities, so
those will be my test subjects.

                                                --- Jeff