Nate,

A local, in Tampa, FL, high profile repeater has a similar problem.  They are
on 2 meters along side a 800 MHz repeater which gives them interference.  They
have to live with it.  However, it is weak and they PL'd their repeater.  Since
weak the users can over ride and the PL only allows the users to bring up the
machine.

As so many of us Hams do, getting on sites for free, we have to put up with
some problems.  Of course it does depend on the survarity of the problem.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Nate Bargmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/07/26 Thu PM 01:09:56 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Coax length between added cavity and duplexer

>* Steve S. Bosshard (NU5D) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007 Jul 26 13:05 -0500]:
>> You could always try and scrap the front end from a thrashed M2 mobile -
>> kinda lossy but can be used as a preselector - Also even a 3 dB.
>> attenuator might help against overload at the cost of 3dB. in RX sen.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what kind of repeater are you using?  Probably said in
>> an earlier post - don't remember.
>
>It is a TKR-720.  Probably not the best choice for this site.  ;-)
>
>Again, it's not my system and there are some politics with getting
>involved to much that I'd rather avoid.  So, at this point we're
>helping as we can.
>
>Thanks for all the ideas.  Many I've seen or even tried in the pastand
>perhaps forgot.  :-D
>
>73, de Nate >>
>
>--
> Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          |  Successfully Microsoft
>  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
>             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
>             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"
>        http://www.networksplus.net/n0nb/       |   http://www.debian.org