Nate Duehr wrote:
> Don KA9QJG wrote:
>>
>> __,_.
>>
>> Speaking of the Alnico DR-235 ,  I had A Ham Friend  Who was told  by
>> a Ham Radio Dealer  with   four State stores  the Radio has been
>> discontinued , They had one left ,  and the Reason was the New Model
>> would come out made with Lead free Solder

p.s. http://www.alinco.com/Products/DR-235/ would seem to indicate that
they just rolled the model number from the Mark II to the Mark III.  I
bet the Mark III is RoHS-compliant, per my last note.

For the other person who mentioned that there's discriminator audio at
the DB-9 on the back, they're correct as long as the optional packet TNC
inside the rig isn't installed.

For a rig without the TNC or with the cable from the DB-9 hooked back up
to where it came from instead of the TNC... the pin-out is this,
according to the manual:

1. SQC squelch signal output.  Carrier in: closed. Open collector output.
2. Packet reception DATA output (9600 bps) output level 500mVrms/10K ohm
3. Packet transmission DATA input (9600 bps) input level 300mV/600 ohm
Max input level 600 mV
4. Packet reception DATA output (1200 bps) output level 100mV/600 ohm
5. Ground
6. No connection
7. PTT signal input: Low (GND): TX, Open: RX
8. 5.0 Vdc output: Max current less than 50mA
9. Packet transmission DATA input (1200 bps): input level 100mV/600 ohm

So they're talking about pin 2.  The references to "packet"
notwithstanding, since these are just the typical audio and logic
interfaces seen in other rigs -- they're just touting the packet ability
over and over and over ad-nauseam in the manual...

Nate WY0X