Don,
WD prefixes and WD#xxx formats are not reserved for experimental.  It is part
of the former "novice" block of calls issued in the mid 70's.
Ron
WD4RBJ

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:31:01
-0500Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Call Sign and Sounds like a Ham, NOT

Don,This is an "experimental" callsign. The reason I'm familiar with this is
Itried to obtain a "WC9" callsign for my county's EMA Ham Club - that wasalso
denied since WC and WD prefixes are experimentals. (BTW - we ended upwith
W9WIL.)Which system was he on? SARA, CFMC? I'd be interested in listening to
hearthis guy some time... Maybe I'd even query him on his callsign.
HeheheheModerator note: Sorry for the OT thread...Mark - N9WYS-----Original
Message-----From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of DonSent:
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:31 AMTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [Repeater-Builder]
Call Sign and Sounds like a Ham , NOTI found something interesting and Thought
Would share, I heard a Ham talking as He was driving through the Chicago Metro
area on alarge Repeater System , and when I am near the Computer , I Justlook
up the Call to find more info about the person to see If Wemight have something
in common to talk about I looked up His call WD9XAD On http://www.qrz.com/ and
http://hamcall.net/call nothing Found , Sure looks like a Older Calland the
Person talked like a Ham But now days who knows so I went to the FCC
Sitehttp://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/reports7/ Top Search for Call sign Well it came up
But NOT A Ham radio call, Idoubt very much if it was the Person with the Non
ham lic using it,But I found it interesting and Nice to learn something as We
getolder, it's just remembering it is the Problem Back in the Old DaysWe just
took people at their word , But with the Internet I findthings are not always
what We think . 73 De Don KA9QJG

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!