I am making the assumption that you have programmed the radio to use a
clam-shell style control head and NOT an A7 display head.
You were so close. All you needed to do is connect pins 19 & 4 to +12v. From
the batlabs website:
> If you need to program a Maratrac, and do not have a control head
> available, all is not lost. What you do need is a control cable from a
> Maratrac, Mitrek, Mocom 70, or Motrac.

> What you want to do is wire pin 17 and 13 to NEGATIVE, and pin 19 and 4 to
> 12VDC. This can be used to power the radio up. Then you just use the
> programming port in the radio to do the programming.

> This power cable can also be used to power up the radio to use as a
> transmitter without a control head. Again, you just use the programming
> port to access the PTT and mic audio pins.

Doing the above method does not allow for channel selection, but if you are
simply using this as a repeater transmitter, It will get you by.

Good luck,
Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC