From: Jim Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:05:13 AM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Help with dead msf 5000

I bought a msf 5000 cxb vhf station for my club to build a repeater.
this unit was rack mounted along with several public safety repeaters
so I did not get it in the original cabinet. I was shipped the power
supply, the pa and the rf deck with controller. Before shipping the
seller removed a secure board because hams do not usually need them and
we dont. I reasembled the unit in a 4' GE cabinet and connected all
the cables that were sent to me as best as i could figure out without
any instructions. When i plug the station in the 12 vdc cooling fans
come on but the control deck is dead. I found 1 cable that came from
the power supply and plugged it into a jack on the rear of the rf deck
and another cable that went to the pa from the rf deck. I also found
and connected the rf cables as needed. There are still some left over
connecter pins on the pc board at the rear of the rf deck that I do not
know what is supposed to be connected to. Inside the control deck I
see what looks like a 5 pin connector coming from the rf deck and it
does contain 13.2 vdc on the red and black wires. Something must be
missing causing the controler not to light up at all. Cam anyone
supply me a interconnect diagram so I can see if i have a missing cable.
WB5OXQ.