Steve Stahl wrote:
> I'm a Trucker and in my travels it seems that the link systems are
> about the only place anything is going on....
> I can't tell you how many areas I've been where you open the repeater
> book, find a bunch of local machines and can't hear or raise a peep
> out of anyone . On the other hand linked systems like the Win System
> in California seems to have traffic all the time.
>  Steve ke7ihg

I'll say it again-a repeater that's busy all day long with drivel is NOT
available when someone needs it! Not to mention that electronic
components have a finite life, especially RF power transistors, and the
more the transmitter is running, the sooner it will be before it fails.
I hate repeaters that are busy all day long with junk. They get pulled
out of scan REAL quick!
Some of the crap I hear on local repeaters is the biggest waste of
spectrum I've seen.
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL