Hi guys .I have one shared uhf commercial repeater using a tp-163 panel and
I am going to install another repeater on different frequencies 50kms away
and are looking at installing a tp-163 ctcss panel to it but also looking
for a easy way to link the two repeaters together allowing clients on one
site to be able to use the same tone on both repeaters just by changing
channel and still maintain the privacy on both sites .
One option I came up with was on the 2nd site when someone uses it the panel
detects their tone and feeds site 2 audio/ctcss to the site2 transmitter and
also a link radio to send it at the same time to site 1.When someone uses
site1 ,a ctcss/audio signal is received by the link receiver which
disconnects the link transmitter and also site2 receiver and the link rx
ctcss/audio is then fed into the tone panel to decode and then is fed to
site 2 transmitter .
Link radio transmitter feeds  site 1 rx frequency input
Link radio receiver receives site 1 TX frequency output.
Does  anyone have any further suggestions or  know of web pages detailing
linking two or more shared repeaters
Thank You,
Ian Wells,
Kerinvale Comaudio,