We have used a similar, and unique way of linking multiple sites here in NZ,

    Utilising four sites and multiple CTCSS, We utilise One repeater per site,
Vertex Standard VXR-9000, programmed to scan all four frequencies (That site
repeater input frequency, and the other three repeater sites output (TX)
frequencies.

 Once valid activity has been detected, TX is on the single allocated frequency
for that site location.

The VXR-9000 has a tone panel integral to the repeater, so can decode/encode 16
CTCSS or DCS codes.

Needless to say frequency co-ordination is very important, as each repeater
site is also listening on the output frequencies as well. To make this work for
our client, separate TX and RX antennas were required, as well as some clever
filter engineering.

What I am saying is that a repeater that has multiple channels, and that can
also scan, can replace your link receiver in some instances.

All the best for 08'

Cheers

Gareth Bennett

This email is confidential, if you received this message in error, or you
are not the intended recipient,
please return it to the sender and destroy any copies.
Thank you.