Tim and Janet wrote:
> I am not in KY but just south in TN.  When we attempted to contact our
> representative for some time we finally just gave up and moved on.
> After some period of time (months) an email was returned.  We have once
> again attempted to contact him and still no reply.  My limited
> experience with SERA is not very good and lucky for us we chose a 220
> repeater to put on the air.  Not much 220 activity in the area.
>
> Tim KB2MFS

About 2 years or so age, I applied for a 2 meter coordination in
Lexington for the 146.34/94 pair. And yes, it took about 8 months to get
it. But, Tim explained that since we were located in the central part of
the state, and since there is a 100 mile zone of protection in SEAR
land, that my request had to be cross coordinated with Ohio and Indiana
(both non-sera states) as well as Tennessee and West Virginia. The point
in mentioning this is that the reason that it took so long was (as I
recall) the fellow that was the Tennessee coordinator fell off of a
tower and was tragically killed. It took several months to find someone
to replace him as coordinator, and then that person had to wade through
a big pile of unfinished business left by his predecessor's untimely
death. This may or may not have occurred at the same time that you
experienced a lack of timely response.

My point to all of this is that we need to remember that these
coordinator's jobs are voluntary, and are done as a hobby, in spare time
that is pulled away from families, and other more pressing obligations.

Maybe is there was a $500 coordination fee charged to the applicant, the
coordinator would move a whole lot faster. But, of course, that would
never work either...

My 2 cents worth.... Mike Pugh KA4MKG