This is a very common issue in aircraft. The most obvious question is does your jeep use 2 each 12 volt batteries? If so, simply connect your radio across one of 'em.

If this can't be done for one reason or another, something along this line is another solution:

http://www.powerstream.com/dc1.htm

Ken