There have been a number of cases where a store or home owner wired a "booby
trap" and someone got injured.

Outlawing this is the law in many states.  It is mainly due to the intruder
might be a family member or fireman, etc trying to get in for good reasons.

I would think it best for any prosecution that it depends on what actually
happened, but then again often one does not want someone putting in these
devices.

Maybe use a lower voltage such as from a animal electric fence.  Know would
prefer to fry the intruder.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: n9wys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/04/23 Wed PM 09:54:47 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] More on Copper theft

>There was a guy in the area near here who owned a bar...  The bar was
>burglarized repeatedly, so the owner wired the window bars to 220V.
>Needless to say, when Mr. Burglar came back again, he was found the next day
>- still in the window.
>
>The family successfully sued, and the local prosecutor tried to prosecute
>the owner for reckless conduct... unsuccessfully, but the guy still has the
>arrest on his record.
>
>Mark - N9WYS

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575