  From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Ron Wright
  Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:02 AM
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] More on Copper theft

  There have been a number of cases where a store or home owner wired a "booby
trap" and someone got injured.

  Outlawing this is the law in many states. It is mainly due to the intruder
might be a family member or fireman, etc trying to get in for good reasons.

  I would think it best for any prosecution that it depends on what actually
happened, but then again often one does not want someone putting in these
devices.

  Maybe use a lower voltage such as from a animal electric fence. Know would
prefer to fry the intruder.

  73, ron, n9ee/r

  >From: n9wys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >Date: 2008/04/23 Wed PM 09:54:47 CDT
  >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  >Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] More on Copper theft

  >There was a guy in the area near here who owned a bar... The bar was
  >burglarized repeatedly, so the owner wired the window bars to 220V.
  >Needless to say, when Mr. Burglar came back again, he was found the next day
  >- still in the window.
  >
  >The family successfully sued, and the local prosecutor tried to prosecute
  >the owner for reckless conduct... unsuccessfully, but the guy still has the
  >arrest on his record.
  >
  >Mark - N9WYS

  Ron Wright, N9EE
  727-376-6575