I can't say if the Motorola SpectraTAC system is
cheap, but enough are floating around that you should
consider one. They only need an audio path. Idle
receivers send a 2175 Hz tone over the line (which
could be a radio link under the right conditions)
which tells the voter not to vote this particular
channel. Once that tone goes away, the voter chooses
the signal with the least amount of noise in the
5000-8000 Hz range, and continuously votes the best
(most noise-free) signal of those that are active.

I'm pretty sure GE has a similar system but it uses a
different idle/status tone frequency (something like
1950 Hz).

Bob M.
======
--- Cort Buffington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
> 
> On the topic of voters. Any opinions on LDG vs. Doug
> Hall? Or I  
> suppose any surplus commercial stuff that's cheap
> and needs nothing  
> more than audio and COR to work?
> 
> 73 DE N0MJS
> 
> --
> Cort Buffington
> H: +1-785-838-3034
> M: +1-785-865-7206


      

Reply via email to