Ok, now that I stripped all the darn yahoo HTML crap ... here is my
answer to the reply.

1) If you have old firmware .. buy an upgrade!

2) (the simple solution) - Check your programming on your channel
information screen.  Make sure repeater activation and repeater hold in
are set to "Carrier and PL".  If hold in is set to Carrier, that means
that anything that may false the decoder (even momentarily) can hold the
repeater open.  In the RSS alignment system, set the system squelch up
high enough so that it is not constantly open (most of my experience
with Quantars between 150 and 800 MHz states that you will see a minimum
signal strength of around -120 to -124 dBm on most properly tuned Quantars).

Hope this helps!

James