Hi Chris, 

I've you're offering to make the information available... please 
send me a copy. I'd be willing to pay for photocopies and postage 
no problem. If you've got page scans... even better and easier to 
Email them to me as time allows.  I still have a prom burner 
available and would be able to do some chip programming as time 
allows. If you have the prom map already figured out... easier for 
me/us. 

cheers, 
skipp 

skipp025 at yahoo.com 

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> A very long time ago I reversed engineered the CWID 70 stupid prom 
thing and 
> made one with my call.
> I had the manual, a prom burner and a lot of time to kill.It is  a very 
> similar design to the one in the 70's or early 80's Amateur  Radio
Handbook. I have 
> the manual somewhere if the Repeater-Builder folks want  it for a scan.
>  
> Chris
> N9LLO
>  
>  
> In a message dated 5/19/2008 12:56:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> 
>  
>  
>  
> : "David" <n1roa@> wrote:
> : Well,
> : I have been in touch with  gamecountry.: I have been in touch w
> : for $20.00 but they cannot  offer nor do they have anyone that 
> : can offer a new prom. 
> 
> Hi  David,
> 
> I was dealing with the "Manual" portion of your post first. Now  
> let's talk real world... Relative to other options most everyone 
> will  have a fairly hard time trying to deal with obtaining 
> replacment bipolar  (aka bi-polar) prom chips. It's simply not 
> cost viable to support them  although I do know one prom based 
> cw ider mfgr (Autocode) who still  support replacement proms ONLY 
> for their products. 
> 
> Some of the  Repeater Builder Group members can provide bipolar 
> proms, programming,  information and alternatives. There are a number 
> of after-market daughter  board options to retrofit an Eprom into 
> and orignal prom location. You  would need to locate a method to 
> program the replacment eprom. Probably  the most practical option 
> for most people who want to keep the original  circuit in operation. 
> 
> I actually have a bipolar prom programmer but  right now it's not 
> easily on-line operational, nor do I expect to place it  back in 
> service for another few months. Sometime in the future I might be  
> happy to help you go the prom route but there are practical limits  
> when a replacement re-programmable cw id unit costs only about $25  
> delivered. 
> 
> : Second, Repeater-builder site does not have any info  on anything 
> : from them except refereing me to gamecountry.: from th
> 
> Finding Data Signal as Gamecountry.Finding Data Signal as Gamecountry.
> able to find the manual for my rts-25, which was enough for my needs.  
> 
> : Third, I am a member of repeater builder and that would be why 
> :  I submitted the post for anyone who had access to the info and 
> : / or  programming. So thanks for the advice but I have gone all 
> : the routes you  have said and here I am, still have no programming 
> : capabilities  available, and even if I paid the $20 for the 
> : manual, its pointless  without a n prom for the unit.
> 
> Well... I and some of the other group  members look at prom based 
> cw ider's as something worth spending time  on/with only if you have 
> the burn and the extra available time to make it  work for your needs. 
> 
> Compared to circuits like the "ID O'Matic"...  (programmable cw 
> id unit/kit)
> 
> Now a'days it's not cost effective or  practical to deal with prom 
> ider's but they can still be made to work. I  still deal with them 
> in self contained Spectrum Repeater (and Spectrum  will sill provide 
> them for $50 each chip) Controllers for my own retrofit  work... 
> 
> So make the call for yourself... do you want to learn  something, 
> spend the time and probably a bit more money versus going the  ID 
> O'Matic route? A bipolar prom based cw id unit can still be used 
> if  you really want to go there. 
> 
> cheers,
> skipp 
> 
> > "skipp025"  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > There are two or three  practical ways to source out Data Signal - 
> > Albany GA manuals and  information. 
> > 
> > First, I would instruct people to search the  Repeater-Builder web 
> > site. Scans of some of the more common Data  Signal Products have 
> > been made and dontated / sent in by various  folks. 
> > 
> > The second option... post a want here on the Yahoo  Repeater Builder 
> > Group. Sometimes people have archived manuals and  would be able to 
> > provide the requested information by typical pdf,  jpg/gif scan or 
> > photocopy. 
> > 
> > Third... Data Signal is  still in business but not doing much in 
> > the way of their former Land  Mobile Radio Product line. In fact 
> > it's quite amazing how they were  smart enough to morph into another 
> > complete product line aka business  model. You can find them at 
> > www.gamecountry. www
> >  
> > I called them to inquire about a Rural Telephone RTS 25 unit I  
> > bought off Ebay a month back. Much to my surprise they were 
> >  able to find and SELL me (not give away free) a photo copy of 
> > the  original manual, of which I was more than happy to pay for. 
> > 
> >  So... try options one and two if you're looking for a possible 
> > free  manual. The contact Game Country "third option" does work but 
> > do keep  in mind they are a business and a copy of a Data Signal 
> > Manual will  probably cost you at least $20. 
> > 
> > cheers, 
> > s. 
> >  www.radiowrench.  
> > 
> > 
> > > "David"  <n1roa@> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > I have a nice  working Data Signal, Inc CWID-70. I cannot 
> > > find anything online  at all about Data Signal, Inc never 
> > > mind finding any manual for  the CWID-70. Anyone have any 
> > > info on this unit. Need to find out  the pinout for the 25 
> > > connectors on the back and about  programming.
> > > Thanks
> > > David
> >  >
> >
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> 
> **************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on
family 
> favorites at AOL Food.      
> (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)
>


Reply via email to