Great Idea, almost makes too much sense!

Rob

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Jim Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> An easy way to get signals from a radio when you don't have access
to a schematic is to open the lead to the LED on the radio you are
trying to use and put the diode of an opto isolator in series with
the existing LED.  The transistor portion of the opto isolator can
then be used to input the COS of a controller.

> I have used this method several times and find it to be the least
intrusive interface to a radio with unknown circuitry while providing
a completely isolated signal output.

> 73 - Jim  W5ZIT
>
> Robert Pease <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I am having trouble sensing the lights and activating alarm
inputs on the controller, hence the need for the way to send test
alerts...with the service monitor connected directly to the reciever
of course!!
>  I saw a note about a sets sound file being available, can someone
tell me off list where I can get it