Hi Mark,

Having many of those antennas especially the DB408 450-470 antennas using
them in combining system. We always would make a slot for the hams to
combine in with the commercial stuff at the same time when we were building
the combiners. Yes they will work and you may notice a few watts reflected
power. Keep n mind that when using that antenna at a repeater site. You will
notice you will have electrical downtilt and that will make your signal
better at the base of the hill as well getting the signal down into town
rather than a non commercial antenna. I know of guys using those antennas
and they don't last vedry long like the commercial antennas do. Also the
pattern on the Diamond/Commet antennas are a bit out of wack compaired to a
real antenna.

Im sure that mostof the commercial operators would agree and recommend a
gook known antenna on there towers. When you drive to a site and see a bunch
of ham Diamond and Comet antennas its not well respected in the tower
community of site owners.

Mike Mullarkey (K7PFJ)

  _____