--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > For multiple audio ports these days I'd recommend using USB audio
> > devices.  ISA slots are way gone and PCI slots aren't far behind.
For
> > an embedded PC controlling radios 24/7 you want something small,
quiet
> > and low power, most form factors that fit that description usually
> > have few if any PCI slots.
>
>     A PC controlling a repeater?!?!?! What is the problem of using
a small
> microcontroller, with some BASIC programming???
>
>     You are using a cannon to kill a microbe he he he

Not at all. Using a PC to control a repeater as complex as the system
here with remotes etc. is a perfectly logical choice and allows
nearly unlimited flexability.

The original controller on the system here back in the mid 1980s was
a Commodore VIC-20 :). Any young'ens remember those?

- Darrell/KA7BTV