At 09:51 PM 2008-06-24 -0600, Paul Plack wrote:

You know, a Ringo only has metal-to-metal joints so it can be fit in a small box for shipping. It's not a bad performing antenna for its size otherwise, and would be great where low wind load is required. I wonder if someone with the right materials and heliarc welding skills couldn't clone a joint-less, clamp-less version which would be suitable for full duplex?

Interesting point. I was having a discussion on an aluminum antenna mount for attaching to the end of the eaves on the house with a welding instructor yesterday. I could easily take the antenna to a local welding shop and he'd likely have it welded in ten minutes and charge me $5 or $10 cash.

Tony