I think he was Laryn. I could see an argument that it may not have been
aligned and caused the situation. But,,

 In this case the matching circuit was installed and set properly, also the
duplexers and all were perfect. The system was stable for years then boom,
desense.

All I was saying was that this station worked Perfect into a dummy load
(zero desense and all to spec) but did not into feedline(+15db) . So we
cringed and focused there.

We were getting ready to replace the antenna at 580 ft and spend some money
after the dummy load test. Luckily the amp finished failing. What I relayed
locally after this experience was that a complete system that works
flawlessly into a dummy load may not be flawless.

I do think the majority of desense problems can be diagnosed with a dummy
load and a sampler slug / iso tee. I just wanted to throw a recent
experience / monkey wrench into the thread hi.

73

Don W5DK