I use a Dell Latitude XPi, P133 laptopfor all my Bendix-King programming...
I see several on E-Bay right now for less than $50.

George, KA3HSW / WQGJ413

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:29 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] ISO Slow Computer for R100 repeater programming

Where does one fine a CHEAP but reliable old computer for this
purpose. I understand that if the clock speed is too fast it can turn
the machine into an expensive doorstop. I am not seeking the RSS
software, just a slow computer with DOS on it to run the software
with, I am located in Southeastern Indiana does anyone know where one
can be found? A laptop would be the best and I assume one could be
mailed, or a desktop in the Cincinnati or southern Indiana area could
be picked up.
We do not have a lot of money as we have been rebuilding our repeater
system and the membership of the club isnt too enthusiastic about
contributing till the repeater is fixed ( Catch 22 )

Thanks in advance for you assistance.