I made the desense measurements, and I can't believe the results. I get
about 12 to 14 dB of desense. Is that possible? The measurements are not
precise because the signal generator is not perfectly stable, but I
can't believe the measurement error is anywhere close to 12 dB.

We definitely are getting desense because I had a ham in an outlying
area call into the repeater with the repeater transmitter turned off. He
got in with a good signal, just a little cracking in the background.
Then I turned on the transmitter and he could not get in at all.

I believe that re-tuning the duplexer is the next step. The "touch up" a
couple weeks ago was not complete. I have installed new cables in the
cabinet. These are RG 400 so I don't think the desense is coming from
cable leakage.

John