WM4B

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Lemmon
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:31 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexer isolation/Antenna separation

George,

I plugged in 25 watts at 462.500 MHz and 0.35 uV at 467.500 MHz, and got
67.83 dB of isolation needed, which could be provided by 30 feet of vertical
antenna separation or 619 feet of horizontal separation. Keep in mind that
CommShop, like all other similar programs, makes many assumptions about the
receiver and transmitter and its calculations should be used with care.
Nevertheless, the creator of the CommShop program based its algorithms on
known characteristics of commercial-grade radios, and I have found it to be
remarkably accurate. Information about this program is available here:
<www.dcico.com/dcilmr.htm>

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY