--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I realize this is OT but need to draw on the knowledge here.
>
> A new police agency has popped up here in my County. So far we hear
> activity on a frequency of 461.58125.
>
> This is the only frequency found so far. Does the fact that we hear a
> pulse (possibly) sub-audible data, every 2 seconds or so give any clue
> to what type of system they have or are building?
>
> Thanks
> Terry

Two Way Radio Communications, Inc. has a 10 channel trunking system in
Cumberland, MD, call sign WPRI785.  According to Google Maps the
transmitter site is approx. 4,000 feet away from your QTH.

One of the repeaters is licensed for 461.5875 MHz, 11K2F3E emissions
and 250 watts ERP.  I would bet that this is what you are hearing.

The pulse every two seconds is usually indicative of some LTR type
trunking system, usually normal LTR has a pulse about once every 10
seconds and the Passport variant is usually quicker, about 1 to 2
seconds between pulses.

73,

Eric KF8YK