  From: Richard MI Ranta
  To: Repeater-Builder yahoo
  Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 12:02 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] RE: Strange oscillating noise problem.

  Good morning on this soggy, Friday Morning.

  We've been experiencing a recurring problem every once and a while. It's not
our repeater, but its driving me nuts trying to figure it out. It sounds like
badly tuned can's, somehow feeding the output back into the input. Except, it
isn't from our repeater. And it covers a wide area. I've heard another repeater
being bothered by this and also a local commercial FM broadcaster came through.
If I turn our repeater off, it's still there. ( I said I was trying anything.)

  Do you guys think trying to use direction finding equipment might produce
some results??

  Oh, this noise is so strong, even my signal at 25watts at a distance of 4
miles won't trigger the repeater!

  Any ideas??

  Suggestions??

  Rich K8JX

  Visit our club at

  http://www.w8usa.org

  Rich and the cat Scooter

  www.foreverhomesamoyed.org
  www.w8usa.org

  "The easiest thing in the world to be is you. The most difficult thing to be
is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position."
  Leo Buscaglia