Tim and Janet wrote:
This is a side mounted installation on a tower, Rohn 25. The first G7-220 antenna was damaged in the wind. The current one seems to get noisy at times and we suspect the antenna as the culprit. When we installed this one we also used a standoff to help stabilize the top of the antenna in the hopes that it wouldn't be bothered by storm winds. As soon as we get some time to take a closer look at the problem we will investigate the issues a little more to be sure the real problem is the antenna.

Some questions:
What is the Side Arm made from?
Are the ground radials tight?
Is there anything in the near field of the antenna that is loose?
http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/cracking.html

Kevin