Gary,

At this juncture, I'm not getting scientific about the actual desense
measurement, but I can tell you it's in the ten's of dBs.  At this point,
I'm using Kevin's method. signal generator connected to the cans with the
cans connected to the repeater normally.  I set the signal generator to the
point that the squelch breaks and turn the transmitter on manually.  If the
signal stays there. I'm happy (at this point).  If not. I increase signal
generator level until I keep the signal with the transmitter on.  As I said.
it's ten's of dBs at this point

You're correct about where I'm  connecting the dummy load.

Again. I'm not using ANY antennas at this point.  All testing is done into
the -8920 and/or the dummy load.

I'm confused about your last statement.  I've not put a load at the end of
the tee that feeds the feedline.  If I do that, I can't feed signal to the
receiver.  If I take the TX line off the tee and put a dummy load there,
there is no desense.

Mike

WM4B