Mike

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of skipp025
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:57 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Desense has me pulling my hair out! (Was
DB4060 Duplexer Cables

Something I would try, which I would not recommend to others
is to rotate the tuning plungers and maybe the cap(s) with the
unit under power making trouble. I have used this method to
find grunge makers, which turned out to be plunger pitting,
capacitor problems and hydroscopic sourced breakdowns.

If you try the above, reduce the tx power to the min you need
to confirm grunge/desense and keep your tx keydown times to a
minimum value. Don't try the above unless you're sure or willing
to trust the RF PA final is a fairly rugged beast/circuit/device.
I'm willing to take the mentioned test gamble in 99.5% of the
more common situations.

If you are smart, quick and careful... you might be able to catch
the source of trouble if it has a mechanical contribution.

s.