3 of the 7 coordinated 2-meter repeaters in my area are quite active. 6 are
actually on-the-air.  One of the active repeaters is currently getting a
facelift which should increase its activity even more.

One of the machines I maintain currently runs Echolink and is linked with a
WX-200 weather station to provide real-time weather information.  We also
run an APRS WX Station from the same site.  The repeater is used weekly for
the clubs VHF net and also to provide communications for the Christmas
Parade and our Santa Patrol.  We are also beginning to get a group that is
interested in storm spotting, so  expect we'll have a good spotters net next
year.  This machine will soon be linked to our other machine, about 25 miles
away, providing us with some wider-area coverage and allowing our ARES
organizations from several counties to team up.  I'd also like to have a
2-meter remote base for the WX Spotters so they can link to cooperating (but
not member) systems in the outlying areas to help fill in some holes.

Generally, there is somebody listening 24-7.  Obviously drive-time is the
busiest, but there is activity all day from about 0600 - 2300 or so.  I've
been using my computer to record repeater traffic for the past several
weeks, and I have good evidence to show that we have good activity for the
majority of the day.

We do have several advantages.  We're close to I-75 and we run no PL tone,
so it's easy for passers-by to access us.  We also are host to Robins Air
Force Base, the single largest employer in the State of Georgia, so even
through we're a small town, we get a lot of visitors and newcomers.

Yes. there are some inactive systems here, but everybody cooperates and if
we have an outage of one of the main systems, the backups fill in the gaps.

73,

Mike

WM4B