From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Kelsey
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:38 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: fan timer circuit

Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood the need for a special circuit

to run cooling fans.

I run my fans from the PTT line using a relay. I have also used a simple
chassis thermostat, but prefer using PTT. I suppose you could easily use
both methods so that in the event that the equipment remained too warm when
PTT halts, the thermostat could keep it running longer. However, I contend
that if this is happening, your fans are inadequate and not keeping up with
the demand right along.

Why the need to continue cooling after the QSO has ended? Just because you
can?

Chuck
WB2EDV