Joe M:

I can tell you right now that there seems to be far more CATV systems in the
US that are far outside of the CLI standards than there are that are within
the "acceptable" CLI standard. Our system happens to be one of the companies
that tends to invest greatly in infrastructure maintenance rather than
subscriber growth. Every field technician is required to maintain a weekly
driveout log, always have his CLI detector on in his truck and fix any leak
found immediately if detected over 5 mv/m. For every "leak" we find, I can
point out *hundreds* in adjacent systems in rural areas operated by much
larger companies.

And it will likely end up with even more trouble calls to correct ingress
issues - an ATSC digital carrier on top of a NTSC analog carrier makes for a
much worse picture than the mixing of two NTSC signals ever did.

I think locally we're probably the exception to the industry - for every 5
field technicians working installs/trouble calls/disconnects, 1 advanced
tech is working on CLI/CPD... In the TimeWarner system to the east of us,
that ration is more like 100:1...

73s,

AJ, K6LOR