A few weeks ago, someone had inquired if GE had ever made a True FM MVP. I
don't think they ever did, but would there be a market for such?

In the past, I built a board that would allow true FM on an Exec II. (VHF or
UHF) This was basically an adaptor for a MII PLL ICOM to mount inside the Exec
II radio. The adaptor board contained an AP-50 for bandwidth and amplitude
limiting and plugged right into where the EXEC II ICOM would normally go. These
adaptor boards are still available for the Exec II, but would there be a market
for a similar board for use with the MVP? I know there are several people on
this list that just love the MVP due to their size. (Hi Bob!!) I wonder if they
ever wished for the advantages of true FM for their MVP's.

Cost on these would be in the $100 range including donor PLL ICOM and AP-50.

Comments? Pre-orders? HIHI

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC