Maybe a bit of both. The antennas are side by side. I am more than
familiar with diversity from my audio engineering days. I'll put the
antennas on a switch and try this and that. I suspect that a 6dB gain
antenna will yield the best all around performance. But then again
maybe just a 3dB stick. The 9dB stick will do great across the ridge,
but not well down into the canyons where the HT's will be. Only
experimenting will tell for sure. I'm waiting for the controller to
arrive so that I can assemble the final pieces. That's all that is
holding up further tests. It is snowing quite nicely, but the
antennas are already up.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Laryn Lohman" <lar...@...>