Jeff,

I'll ask, even though I have not fully researched the BatLabs cable before
posting this inquiry.

Is the BatLabs cable meant to be used with a RIB or by itself?  (I know some
cables are constructed/designed to be directly connected to the serial
port.)  Also, if it designed to be used with a RIB, does the Polaris box
have the same pinouts as the Motorola RIB?  This may be where the fly in the
ointment lies.

FWIW - I also use the Polaris PA-II RIB, but I buy their cables to use along
with it.  I know they are expensive, but having experienced Polaris'
warranty service (and having been VERY pleased with it!) I'm willing to
spend the extra bucks to get the quality.  I have not tried to use an
aftermarket non-Polaris cable, Motorola cable, or a homebrew cable, with the
Polaris RIB.

Just my thoughts.

Mark - N9WYS