its not a voted system ..

the repeater is a Harris Radio Phone repeater

and I was looking at a Ge Phoenix VHF to UHF to the repeater site UHF
phoenix to the controller

again just to help cover the HT's in town .. ( small town )

Was thinking just a simple J pole for the VHF side does not need a lot of
gain and will be on the roof of a 2 story building

like I said just an idea to extend coverage to handies in the  down town
core .. every where else the coverage is fine

coverage for handies is spotty down town .. mobiles are fine