So make your own tech data for the amplifier. Nothing rocket
science about working with Poly-fets. I've built or repaired
a fair number of NMR RF Amplifiers using them and there's nothing
really super scary about them. As long as you don't go crazy
with abuse they should be as hardy as many common fet designs.

Look on the web for poly fet amplifiers after first going to
the Polyfet Home Page.

http://www.polyfet.com/

Some of those Milcom - aka Cresend amplifiers use more traditional
fets so you can also resource those brands for more information.

You don't have to put RF through the Amplifier to check the
devices. Since the max frequency limit of the polyfet(s) might
be well above 250 MHz, the same device might work on both the
2-Meter and 224 MHz Amateur Bands.

cheers,
s.