Have you removed/by-passed the built-in no-longer-optional TNC?

If not, the DB-9 goes to that instead of to the rig.

I haven't done one, but supposedly you just open her up, and remove the
connector that goes from the rig to the TNC module, and move the
connector that goes from the DB-9 to the TNC over to the header on the
rig itself.

Or something like that.

There used to be an option to order the rig without the built-in TNC if
you didn't want it, but they all come with it now.  So it has to be
by-passed to use the DB-9 for radio signals instead of as a serial port
to a little TNC board inside.

Nate WY0X

--
  Nate Duehr