There's nothing crazy about that idea Nate! I get creative thoughts
when sleep deprived too. :)

I had been thinking the transmitter might be doing something funny.
I don't have easy access to a spectrum analyzer, but I think I've
ruled out spurs as the primary cause? Correct me if my logic is flawed.

I did some tests before I pulled the Sinclair off the tower. With
the Sinclair and another antenna on the tower, here is what I found:

RX & TX on Sinclair.... SEVERE noise, 10 to 40+ dB

RX on other ant, TX on Sinclair.... moderate noise, peaks to 10+ dB

RX on Sinclair, TX on other ant... mild noise, nil to maybe 5 dB

RX and TX on other ant... maybe traces of noise??, barely detectable

RX and TX on other ant, Sinclair removed from tower... no noise
detected... dead quiet

I think this suggests something in the Sinclair is generating noise,
and that even when transmitting into another antenna it picks up
enough RF to make some noise?

You wouldn't believe how many pages of notes I have on various tests
and experiments over the last year or so... I don't even know what's
in there any more!

I was hoping to get up to the site today to do a brief test duplexed
into each of the other dipoles pulled from the Sinclair, but no go.
Maybe tomorrow.

Paul N1BUG