Got a VHF repeater in my area. In the last several weeks it has started making
a noise like that of a steam whistle. It doesn't do it all the time. It seems
random. I have not been able to make any connections yet with regular
occurances. It doesn't do it until someone talks through the repeater and the
unkeys. The noise keeps the repeater up for a couple of seconds to neary a
minute. The repeater is a 100watt MTR2000. I don't remember the duplexer
type/model/brand. It doesn't seem to do it during the day, it seems more
prevelant in the evening and mornings.
Any ideas?
N5NPO
Norman Knapp