An outboard Z-matcher works as well as the internal one on an M2 station PA;
it shouldn't matter where along the transmission line it's placed.

If you're looking for Z-matchers, there are two Decibels (one VHF, one UHF)
on eBay right now for less money.

As has been beatened around on this list in the past, the recomended (my
recommendation anyway) of tuning the Z-matcher if it's used at the output of
the PA is NOT necessarily to tune it for 1:1 VSWR on the input line, but
rather to tune it for maximum PA efficiency at the desired power output
level.

                                        --- Jeff WN3A