I'm sure someone on *this* list will be able to correct me if I'm wrong,
but I think you can mount virtually any of the dipole type antennas on
the tower leg as long as you're not looking for a 360 pattern. An offset
or figure-8 pattern, though, no problem. In fact, I've done this for
commercial users, and in some cases such as Low Band dipoles, that's the
only way to can mount them.

You might even be able to get away with it mounting one on each leg for
a 360 pattern (with a little more gain in one direction for a 4-bay
antenna), but your gain would be messed up since the signal would then
be out of phase for each element in any given direction.

Joe M.