I have very little knowledge with Uniden but I am with Motorola. I don't know
if this will help you any but you would definitely need a duplexer because at
50 watts tx on a repeater your antenna's would have to be separated vertically
around 50 ft and horizontally as much as a mile to get the necessary
separation. As far as linking them together I'd recommend having 2 Motorola
type radio's, there easier to work with