From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tahrens301
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:42 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Low Power VHF Repeater - Solar

A friend of mine who is the foreman for a large
ranch asked me about providing radio coverage.

As there are a couple of hills (2000' AGL) around the
ranch, coverage in some places would be spotty, so a
repeater on one of the hills would be the best solution.

However, there is no power available, so a solar/wind
power solution would be necessary. (we get a lot of sun
here!)

I've done a couple of solar projects, but this needs to
be pretty much commercial quality, so I was wondering
if there is a commercial repeater available that would
be a good candidate for solar power.

I figure the RF power out could be 5 watts or less and
still give good coverage throughout the ranch.

Thanks,

Tim