Thats exactly what I thought too Chris :-)
I was beginning to worry that I was out of touch within the NZ fraternity of
commercial LMR

Gareth Bennett

To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 10:15 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: tait repeaters

    --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Gareth Bennett" <gare...@...>
wrote:

  > Since when did the NZ Governmnet take over Tait?
  >
  > ....Thats news to me and the rest of New Zealand
  >
  > Gareth Bennett

  I was suprised by that as well, i thought that when Sir Angus Died management
of the company was taken over by a Charitable trust that was set up by him to
continue in business but distribute part of the profits to Charitable causes
predecided by him.

  Chris S.

Zealand government took over the company and they are doing very well in the US
public Safety market-but a distant player to Motorola and Harris
(Tyco/Ericsson/GE)